This is the third Sunday we’ve been looking at the theme of – You Are Spirit, Soul, Body. As a believer in Christ you really are a:
• Born-Again-Spirit (2 Cor. 5:17-18)
• With a Soul
• Living in a physical Body
This revelation will powerfully transform your life, if you can receive it.
If you miss everything else in today’s sermon, remember this truth: As a born-again person, you carry the raising-from-the-dead power of God within you (Ephesians 1:19-20)! Think about that. God almighty, Maker of heaven and earth lives inside of you! Inside your born-again-Spirit.
But to experience God’s power you must see yourself from inside out. See yourself primarily as a Born-Again-Spirit.
Put it another way, you become what you see on the inside (Proverbs 23:7). You are outside, what you are on the inside. The inside comes first, then the outside. See yourself first and foremost as a Born-Again-Spirit. Once you see yourself that way, your soul/mind will change. Your soul will align himself/herself with the same truths from God’s Word. Before you know it, you will see yourself this way,
• I am God’s Brand-New Creation (2 Corinthians 5:17-18)!
• I am fearfully and wonderfully made! (Psalm 139:14)
• I am a friend of God! (John 15:15)
• I am blessed beyond the curse (Galatians 3:13-14)
• I am the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).
• I am full of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faith and self-control! (Galatians 5:22-23)
Amen! You are more than what meets the eye.
Is there a way you can see who and what you are in your born-again spirit? Thankfully yes. Like looking in a mirror to see your face, looking in God’s Mirror reveals your spirit. God’s Mirror is His Word, the bible.
Knowing the Word sets us free. Knowing God’s Word also transforms the soul / mind. A transformed soul becomes a bridge that carries the power of God from your spirit and into your body. The results will be,
– Bad habits start to fall away,
– Sicknesses too are leaving
– And you become a walking miracle!
May you look intently into God’s Mirror, every day!