Put Your Trust in God Not People

Today’s Message – 11th of February 2018 – Sorry there is no Audio for this Sermon

Has someone promised you something and then let you down? Have you done the same to others? It seems that no matter what we do, as humans, we do change our minds from time to time. None of us is perfect. We all have shortcomings. Even with our best intentions we can still make mistakes.

But the solution is not more money. Money can’t buy you love. Not more possessions. They only end up possessing you. Nor more friends for hey too have their own issues.

The bible clearly teaches that we should love people, serve one another, put others’ need ahead of ours and give our lives away for the benefit of others. This is living a Christlike life style.

However, from cover to cover the bible says it over and over that we must place our one hundred percent trust in God, alone. We see numerous stories throughout the Old Testament that shows what happened when the nation of Israel put their trust in God and when they depended on their own strength.  The former is sure success, victory and prosperity. The latter is filled with disaster. Whenever they trusted in themselves they got beaten by nations smaller and weaker than them, evil and disaster of every imagination came their way even to the point of being kicked out of their own land and taken to foreign lands where they became slaves to their enemies. Such stories of victories celebrations as well as dark times of desolation, pain and suffering are in the bible for our benefit. The writer of Ecclesiastes reminds us, What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.” (Eccl. 1:9)

If I depend on you to make me feel good, loved, accepted,…….then my identity is depended on what you do and opinion of me. That’s the best definition of slavery.

We all know that no one can satisfy all of our needs, one hundred percent, at all times. Even our closest friend(s) at best can perhaps provide 80 percent of our needs. That remaining 20 percent keeps us wake at night…..no matter where you turn the solution can be found only in your Creator – God.

God cannot lie nor change His mind. (Numbers 23:19; Hebrews 6:18) God is unchangeable. (Malachi 3:6) Therefore God alone is able to do what He promised. He alone can save us, deliver us, protect us, provide for all of our needs and give us a secure today and future. (John 3:16; Romans 10:13; Psalms 23; Philippians 4:19; Jeremiah 29:11-13). God is one hundred percent faithful to all of His 7,000 promises!

The Holy Spirit who lives within you is called Helper, Advocate, Counsellor and Teacher of the truth. He is all you need. But He is waiting for your trusting heart before He helps you. Here is the key – put your PRIDE aside. Stop trusting in yourself and start trusting God. Pray something like this, “Holy Spirit I need You. Please help me with……(then name exactly what you need help with) I put my trust in You LORD today, right now, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!” Remember the LORD sees and knows your what’s in your mind 24/7. He sees straight through you. If you truly humble yourself and pray with total dependency upon God, He will answer you. In fact He will answer you in ways that will be beyond your wildest imaginations. (Eph. 3:20) Put your trust in God alone!